Posted by Heather (18.104.22.168) on August 29, 2003 at 17:12:46:
In Reply to: moldy old trunk posted by K. P. on August 20, 2003 at 06:53:02:
: Was given my college trunk from the fifties which emits the typical moldy smell, inside and out. Have tried Clorox "Clean-Up" and lots of sachet--nothing is helping. I have been able to peel some of the paper lining off, but not all. This incredibly heavy trunk on my second floor is taking over my home and my life with its smell, etc. HELP!
I bought an old pine commode that had a funky smell that I couldn't get rid of despite sunshine, washing with TSP, and then a bleach solution. I used a liberal wiping of Elixir, waited about 1/2 - 1 hour, wiped it off and left it in the sunshine for the remainder of the day. The smell is now gone and I was able to put the commode in my dining room. It now stores my vintage linens and table cloths with no odour. It may work as well for you.
Post a Followup